Nuffnang Ads

Translator

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Who has the power


Title Tag

You should never ignore the importance of your tag. The keywords for your blog/website should be included in the title tag and the length of the title tag should fall between 60-90 characters. The search engine spiders always look through your titles while looking for relevant content. In WordPress, the title tag is usually formed by the name of your blog which can be found in Options menu of the wp-admin section.


Always Remember Who Has the Power to Boo

The crowd is your boss. That’s all there is to it. If you do not give the people what they want, they will leave. This doesn’t make you a bad person or even a bad blogger, but it does mean you’ll have a blog with no readers and a business with no, well, business.

When I started blogging, I gave a lot of marketing tips. While those were the posts that got the links, they didn’t get a lot of reader participation and they certainly didn’t get me fan mail. Then I did a piece that was really embarrassing and made me look like a total idiot. People loved it. I got comments and emails and even a couple of presents in the mail. (I’ve since removed my address from my website.) People were throwing their virtual panties onto my stage.

It changed the way I blog, and it should change the way you blog, too. Not that you should tell hilariously embarrassing personal stories involving emergency room visits and drinking wine out of a bag — there’s a limited market for that. But listen to what your fans want, and then give it to them.





Other Blogs I Author
1. Across this bridge
2. Marketing myself
3. Struggling parents
4. When life become a book
5. Read Between the Lines
6. Internet Lifestyle
7. The Sleeping Turtle Art Gallery




Add to Technorati Favorites


Subscribe to "Marketing Myself"


No comments: