Nuffnang Ads

Translator

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Is frustration telling me something?

Last night was a sleepless night. I was up and down and mostly up. So many thought rambling through my mind, maybe it's that darn menopause. Every frustration I thought to myself, there is a powerful message. Frustration
must tell me something, in no uncertain terms, that something is not as
good as it could possibly be.

There's a reason for all of my frustration, or am I making excuses. And when I choose
to be brutally honest with myself, there's also a positive
and potentially life-changing response, but I feel I never catch it before it's to late.

The best response to frustration is not to fight it (but I do most of the time) or
resent it or let it break you down, but to learn from it.
Perhaps frustration is attempting to convince me of the
need to speak out against injustice, or pointing out changes
that I know I must make in my own behavior.

Frustration may very well be telling me that what I'm
doing at the moment is not at all in line with my most
deeply held values (I'll think about that one). Frustration may be my way of telling
myself that I need to more fully prepare for life's
various challenges.

It could be that frustration is helping me to realize that
there must be a more effective, more efficient, more
compassionate, or more sensible way to do some particular
thing. Many great achievements and advances start out as
frustrations.

I feel frustrated, after awhile, then I listen very carefully. For
that frustration is giving me some priceless advice. Who am I kiddin' ...Right?


Add to Technorati Favorites


Subscribe to "Marketing Myself"


No comments: